Is accommodation included in the conference fee?
No – but when you register you will be sent an accommodation booking form for the venue, so you can book your requirements at the special group rate.
What conference material will be provided?
You will receive an agenda for the conference and a login to our user area where you will be able to see any of the presentations and posters that our presenters have made available.
How many people typically attend the conference?
This conference usually attracts 100-120 attendees.
What type of people attend?
This conference is attended by both academics and industrial medicinal chemists. We encourage participation by University graduates as well as experienced academics alongside experienced industrial attendees.
Will I get a Certificate of Attendance?
Yes – please ask, we can provide you with one on completion of the event.
What venue do you use?
We are using the Steamboat Grand for this meeting. It has an excellent location close to the main Gondola Square and base area for the ski resort. It has excellent bus services to the downtown area. The hotel also features a swimming pool and gym for those wishing to exercise during their stay.
Are meals provided?
The conference will include breakfast, morning and afternoon coffee breaks and a welcome reception on the first day. There will also be a conference dinner on the final day of the event. All other meals will need to be taken outside of the conference.
What should I wear?
We suggest casual attire or something comfortable. You do not need to wear a jacket and tie. We suggest you bring a jumper (sweater), as sometimes the meeting rooms can vary in temperature.
Is there an Exhibition?
Most of our conferences have a concurrent exhibition for providers of services and technology to medicinal chemists. The exhibition will be held adjacent to the conference room where we serve the refreshment breaks. All attendees get to visit the exhibition. If you would like to exhibit, please contact us.
Is there a Poster Session?
Yes – there will be a formal poster session during the conference – the date will be confirmed with your conference materials. If you would like to present a poster, please submit your abstract to the organisers for consideration.
Will I receive a list of attendees?
Yes, when you register at the venue you will receive a full list of attendees with contact information.
What are the Health & Safety Regulations?
MBCF and Scientific Update will follow the rules, regulations, and recommendations of the CDC as well as the Routt County COVID-19 and Steamboat Grand Guest guidelines. We reserve the right to modify the below guidelines as the pandemic/endemic evolves and guidelines change over the fall and winter season. Any changes to the policy will be posted on the conference website and attendees will be notified by email.
- As an attendee of the conference, you must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to travel, with limited exceptions for disabilities, and consistent with local laws and regulations.
- The Steamboat Grand, along with Steamboat Resort, are recommending all guests wear masks while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Prior to arrival, please review the Steamboat Grand Guest COVID-19 Health and Safety Code of Conduct and the current Routt County COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Attendees and guests who are ill should not travel to the event. If they become ill while visiting, self-isolation and testing protocols should be enacted and the conference services manager should be notified immediately.
- Please do your part to keep all attendees and hotel staff healthy by washing hands regularly, or using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available, and practice social distancing.
For the most up to date information on The Steamboat Grands procedures, guest expectations, services – please visit their website: https://steamboatgrand.com/protocols
ABOUT THE MEDICINAL & BIOORGANIC CHEMISTRY FOUNDATION
The Medicinal and Bioorganic Chemistry Foundation was incorporated in 1994 as a 501(c )(3) federally tax-exempt non-profit organization and was established for the arrangement and sponsorship of international conferences, symposia, and educational programs which are dedicated to the advancement of bioorganic, synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry.Read More